Fitna: The Global War in the Middle East is a 2 to 6-Player grand Strategic level Card-driven Wargame depicting the military confrontations in the Middle East since 2012, up to the near future. Among 10 Historical and Hypothetical Scenarios, Players can simulate the War against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the Kurdish Rebellion, the Sunni versus Shia confrontation as well as Russian, Turkish, Israeli and Western intervention in the Region. ISIS Troops are activated through Event Cards.
This Wargame allows you to have a clearer view of the local protagonists' goals and a real understanding of what is going on in this chaotic Area. This is why it is used by experts and analysts of the French Ministry of Defence to test prospective Scenarios, as the iconic Gulf Strike used to be by US Experts to plan the Gulf War. Each turn represents 2 months of real time and is divided into several phases allowing Players to play events, to take reinforcements, to check supply, to spend operational points, to move units (mostly brigades and divisions) and to launch offensives. Each Player gets 4 cards in hand allowing him or her to use them carefully either for creating events, spending operational points or supporting battles.
The 10 Scenarios are:
- The Civil War in Syria: 2012-2013 (Tutorial for 2 Players / 6 turns).
- The Fight Against ISIS: 2014-2015 (2-4 Players / 6 turns).
- Russian Intervention in Syria and the PKK Rebellion in Turkey: 2015-2016 (2-4 Players / 6 turns).
- ISIS Collapse: 2017-2018 (2-3 Players / 9 turns).
- Iraq Invades Kuwait Again (2 Players / 6 turns).
- Turkish Military Intervention in Iraq and Syria (2-3 Players / 9 turns).
- The Struggle for Kurdish Independence (2-4 Players / 9 turns).
- Limited War between Iran and Saudi Arabia (2 Players / 9 turns).
- Israel Attacks Hezbollah: Regional War in Syria (2-5 Players / 6 turns).
- Fitna: The Global War in the Middle East (2-6 Players / 12 turns).
Contents: 1 Boxed Game, 1 A1 Single-sided Map, 288 Counters, 16 Page Rulebook, 24 Page Campaign Rules Booklet, 1 Set of 95 Asset & Event Cards, 1 Set of 5 Special Joker Cards, 1 Set of 2 Bonus Cards, 7 A4 double-sided Play Aids, 1 Die and Ziplocks.
Página del Juego en la BGG